My name is Jan Erik
I have been orienteering competitively since Canadian Orienteering Championships (COC’s) three years ago. Being apart of the 2015 Junior World Orienteering Championships (JWOC) team gave me my first international experiences and since then I have been working tirelessly towards my goal of placing top six.
I train with the Chicago Area Orienteering Club (CAOC), and while in Canada with Don’t Get Lost Adventure Running (DGL).
This summer I competed at JWOC in Finland with the Canadian Junior Team. I consistently performed well in those races and had the highest ever Canadian Men’s Sprint Result.
Over the next year I will be living and training in Norway and working towards JWOC 2018 in Hungary and WOC 2019 in Norway.
Top Individual Results:
- 51st ~ Sprint M20 ~ JWOC 2017
- 5th ~ Middle B-Final – JWOC 2017
- 1st ~ Sprint M21-E ~ COC 2016
- 3rd ~ Middle M21-E ~ COC 2016
- 3rd ~ Sprint M21-E ~ NAOC 2016
Top Relay Results:
- 17th ~ Forest Relay ~ JWOC 2017
- 16th ~ Forest Relay ~ JWOC 2016
- 3rd ~ Sprint Relay ~ NAOC 2016
- 1st ~ Sprint Relay ~ COC 2016
Other Athletic Results and PR’s:
- 4rd Overall ~ Sprint ~ Chicago Triathlon 2016
- 1st Age Group ~ Sprint ~ Chicago Triathlon 2016, 2015
- 6th ~ Cross Country ~ Illinois 3A High School State Championships
- 7th ~ 4x800m Relay ~ Illinois 3A High School State Championships
- 3 mile PR: 15:21 ~ November 2016
- 1 mile PR: 4:30 ~ November 2016
- 800m PR: 1:57.90 ~ May 2017
Awards and Grants:
- Iain Wilson Character Through Commitment Award
- CAOC Traveling Grant
To continue following my orienteering career subscribe to this blog. And if you appreciate my blog posts please like and share!
Contact me by email at email@example.com